2016年11月1日 星期二

Different types of puzzles-basic(2)

star pattern
http://www.suggest-keywords.com/bWVnYW1pbnggcGF0dGVybnM/
Last time, I introduced about pyraminx and skewb. This week, I’m going to show others kind of basic different rubik cube.

First, Megaminx. I had mentioned it when I talked my topic in class. It is in the shape of Dodecahedron. (It has twelve planes which are in the shape of pentagon.) It looks much more hard than Rubik’s cube, but most of the formulas and methods of Rubik’s cube can be used to solve it. Actually, you can solve it with about two more formulas than Rubik’s cube.
https://www.amazon.com/ShengShou-Megaminx-Speed-Puzzle-Black/dp/B01EYT8OPU

The next one is Square-1. Amount the basic twisty puzzles, I thought it was the hardest one. The original shape is a cube with 3 layers and the top and bottom layers are respectively divided in 8 pieces. Four at the corner like a kite(60degree), and the other are triangles (30 degree). The middle layers only divided in two pieces. Despite less pieces than other one, but it is harder to realize and has longer formula. The world record is 6.84 seconds held by Tommy Szeliga.(Compared to Rubik’s cube,a little bit longer)

scrambled one
https://ruwix.com/twisty-puzzles/square-1-back-to-square-one/



resource:


4 則留言:

  1. Wow, that cube looks so cool!
    I am looking forward that you can teach me how to solve it someday!

    回覆刪除
  2. The Square-1 looks so strange.
    But it seems to be interesting!

    回覆刪除
  3. 作者已經移除這則留言。

    回覆刪除
  4. These cubes seems really complicated.

    回覆刪除