2016年11月9日 星期三

twisty puzzle maker

Besides those I basic puzzle I mentioned, there are still many different kind of twisty puzzle. There is not competition held for these, but in my opinion, it is the most interesting part of cube world. Every times I saw the new puzzle was published, I’ll feel exciting and wonder how this cube work and how to solve it. However, most of them are so expensive that I only can see them through the picture and video. So, I’m going to introduce some twisty puzzle maker.
https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/rubiks-cube-memes/
  Tony fisher. In 1981, he started his first work, Siamese cube. Then create 3*3*4, whose structure was use on other similarly (see picture). And Hexaminx is my favorite one. You can see it from the picture. With the shape of cuboid, it is a cubic version of megaminx. (unbelievable, isn’t it?)
Siamese cube(can be added more cube together)
3*4*5 before
after scramble
Hexaminx
see the star i draw, you can see its structure is same as megaminx


  Oskar van deventer. I saw he from the youtube. He had created plenty of amazing structure and cube. Some of them has been mass-produced, but most are only made by himself. Besides cube, he also make many funny puzzle. He is really a genius. If you are interesting, search Oskarpuzzle and I’ll introduce some design of him next week.
resource:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Fisher_(puzzle_designer)#cite_ref-Slocum_1-0
https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/rubiks-cube-memes/
google picture
youtube

1 則留言:

  1. Those cubes did actually catch my eye. Amazing, complicated but delicate amazing designs really make them appealing for collecting.

    回覆刪除